Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blinged out flip flops

I made these flip flops for me (the bride) to wear at my wedding. 
Items needed
-Bling on a roll ( recollections brand) size 1yd/0.9m ( purchased from Micheals)
- Hot glue
- flip flops( I used old navy flip flops) $2.20each or $1.00 on dollar days


HOW TO MAKE YOUR FLIP FLOPS SHINE!!!!!!

Step one: I cut the bling on a roll to size of strap on flip flop, making sure the part that goes between the toes is cut on an angle to match the way the shoe goes. 

Step two: start from the top ( the part between your toes) put some hot glue on the angle end of the bling, make sure you put enough glue but not too much where it makes a mess, but enough to where there is a strong seal between the shoe and the the bling ribbon, and press firmly.

Step three: Continue to the end of strap, a little at a time to make sure its straight. there might be a little extra at the end you and trim to fit better when you get that far.

Step four: Continue for the opposite side.

Step five: there may be a space near the top middle the part that goes between the toes where it looks like theres something  missing you can either put a bow or charm there or like me I took some of the pieces of bling I cut to trim at the end of the strap and pieced them to fit the empty space and hot glued them there. 


ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK, I will be happy to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment