Thursday, February 14, 2013

Votive Holders

I made these for my wedding as well. I am going to put white sand in them and a tea light candle.

Items you need
Adhesive tape- permanent clear double sided. ( bought mine from Micheals) 
favor charms- I used the double heart because that is our theme any you like will work.
Solid color ribbon- depends on how thick you want it- I chose 3.8in/15.8mm ( I used celebrate it brand because it was on sale, but any brand will work
Printed ribbon- or solid will work just make sure its smaller then the other ribbon you chose. ( I chose double heart recollection ribbon from Micheals .99 cents everyday price)
Votive holder- can be any color and style I just chose clean and plain.


How to:
Step one- take both kinds of ribbon and wrap around votive holder and measure how much ribbon you need. then cut to fit.
Step two-take double sided tape and place on the back (down the middle) of the smaller of the two ribbons and cut to fit.
Step three- remove the backing of the double sided tape you just applied to the ribbon, so its sticky.
Step four- place the smaller ribbon (sticky side down) to the bigger ribbon, make sure the smaller ribbon is centered on the bigger ribbon.
Step five- place double sided tape on the back side on the bigger ribbon, cut to fit. 
Step six- remove the backing to the double sided tape you just applied to the bigger ribbon and then place the ribbons to the center of the votive holder and wrap around the votive holder, being careful its going straight it easily can become crooked.
Step seven- cute a small piece of double sided tape I did it to the height of the ribbon ( I place where the ribbons came together so on the seam)
Step eight- remove the backing to the double sided tape you just applied to the seam, so its sticky then place the charm on it, Press firmly to its sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment